Friday, March 29, 2013

[Eng] The Revolving Door

Have you ever felt like your life is stuck in a revolving door,
Where everything is stagnant, motionless, while everyone else is at war,
A war where they strive for ambitions, dreams, hope and forever more,
While here I am standing motionless, with my feet glued to the floor.

Standing in this revolving door, I move back and forth and back again,
With a half hearted dream, I grew big, small and then big again,
Pretending life is progressing, and getting nowhere was the original plan,
As if I would ever be happy, ending precisely at the point where I began.



Growing pointlessly in this revolving door, is where dreams turn pitch black,
As long as I’m here I know, people would always laugh at me behind my back,
How could we ever talk about ambitions, when will power is the first thing that we lack,
How can an only child brings a smile to his mother, when he himself is living in a crack.

This revolving door could only shrink, it’s crowded, suspended like a hive,
As long as you’re in here you’re nowhere, no matter how hard you strive,
Remind yourself of what you said, for a single word is sharper than any knife,
In the end no matter how hard you apologize, the dead can never be brought back to life.

I’m stuck in this revolving door he said, and that is where it all began,
And as it was sadly written on the board, that is where it all ends,
It’s from within this door is where I learned, who could I really call ‘A Friend’,
A friend who saw me stuck, and came to lend me a hand.

Finally I’m no longer here, and this door can no longer contain me,
Walk out of the revolving door my friends, spread your wings and set yourselves free,
For only the strong hearted could see, and say The All Mighty is my destiny,
Till the day that we meet again, in the land where streams flows with milk and honey.

-Kelab Membaca Zagazig,
as a tribute to Muhammad Faiz Izzuddin B. Daud
17 October 1991 - 22 March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment