Sunday, December 7, 2014

[Eng] As a kid, how Manga & Anime helps me to see the world

I like manga and anime. Only of certain type that is. 

The one with  storyline that are breath-taking. Plots lay out that was mind boggling. 

Well of course, if they are not that good, it would not go worldwide. Salute to the mind that in charge of making them. 

Even worth to say that the one have political intentions of changing the world. Yes, they made our children & teenagers, to be involved to change the world.

Might not an instant change but accordingly. In their own pace, to their own eras.


Ang, ang, ang totte mo daisuki, Doraemon

I started reading this piece since the day I could remember. 4 years old I guess. Is it?

Even requested my beloved aunt to buy it for me. Whenever she passed through this certain news-stand on her way back home from her office.

If I was playing outside, noticing the book is in her presence. Perhaps she already saw that shining glow in my eyes from afar. Whenever she showed me the book held in her hand. 

I'll be excited as the child I am. I'll be reading it patiently on that sofa.  Not enough with reading, I would not even missed the airtime on TV. 

This is the first book that made me love reading as a child. Perhaps the very first influenced me to pursue in science.

Observation & Deduction

When I said influenced me into science, it just as a trigger. Nonetheless, another sort of development reveals the usage of thought process. I stumbles upon another group of manga genre I preferred.

Mystery.

Started with Detective Conan, which then escalates to Case of Young Detective Kindaichi, Young Detective Q & Death Notes. There are few others alike, but the drawings are not much of my likings.

These stories helps my obsessions grew.

Never enough plays the mind game, but creating and preparing a set of mind to think, observe and set an opinion. Base on logic & illogical manners in some ways, but it brought the sense of not knowing as a waste if not entertained.

Plot thickens: Authorities, Government & The World

Who said that cartoon only give fantasy satisfaction?

If so, then, all the theme of saving the world, fighting criminals & bad guys, to create world peace is a fantasy to those people.

Naruto, One Piece, Avatar (The last Airbender & Legends of Korra) is those kinds of theme. Not only Japanese based cartoon providing this stream of thoughts, but even in the West also encouraging their readers regarding the same, DC & Marvel comics with their superheroes theme.

If you can try to bring all the themes out, sure you'll notice that these cartoons has already teaches the young to seize the world from the oppressors. Which in the end, they portrayed it as the corrupt government. 

Is it that the cause of rebellious stage of a teenager? The youth movements nowadays?

Manga / Anime: was never set for Child-only Audience

How mature that is, most of the story written received an average audience of age 17 years old. Taking the fact that the range of readers can reach up till 35-40 years old of age.

I guess I'm giving an excuse for myself to keep reading & watching this particular genre.
But sure, I would not stop loving this style. Not only because of the art designs, but together for its storyline. Perhaps due to the wavelength of a story resonate with the burning desire of a youth at heart. Either to strive through life itself, to love & be loved, desire of conquering the world, a good sportsmanship and the list goes on.

Needless to say, I would stop though. 

If no more ever written brave enough acknowledging the reality around us. A melodrama and hyperbole in a piece I can still withstand. That's the art of storytelling.
There sure will be out-of-reached element that humankind unable to achieve. But TOO much fantasy in it, spoils to the heart which puts off the attachments to real world.

Fantasy will always remains fantasy if it was not brought in to reality, or better yet, Idea will always remains as Idea if it was not brought to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment